The holidays are finally here, and while it may be the most wonderful time of the year, that doesn't mean that we won't all feel a little Grinch-like every now and then. With many of our traditions looking a little different this year, the stress of the holidays might seem even more overwhelming than usual.
Check out our top 5 #FitTips below for fighting the holiday blues, and spend this holiday season feeling merry & bright!
1. Make a plan for when you are going to exercise and stick to it. Exercise is a proven way to manage stress and reduce anxiety. By scheduling time to exercise, you're essentially scheduling time for you to decompress. Plus, you'll feel way less guilty about indulging in those delicious holiday treats if you're staying consistently active.
2. Take group fitness classes. If you feel lonely this holiday season, we're here for you! Join a group fitness class, and (distantly) surround yourself with new friends! Zumba classes are especially good for helping you to feel the joy! The uplifting music and fun dances make it impossible not to smile! Can't make it into the gym? We offer virtual classes through Zoom to keep you connected!
3. Lift some weights. Weight lifting is an amazing way to fight depression because it gives you a sense of accomplishment. Lifting weights is also great for working out stress after a rough day (or year). Put all your frustration into the lifting, and leave with a good mood and even better looking muscles.
4. Take a dip in the pool! Trouble focusing? Clear your thoughts with a meditative swim in the pool. The combination of physical activity and quiet under the water can give you the quiet time you need to restore. More of a social butterfly? Take an aqua fitness class, and splash your worries away while you burn major calories in class! Just so you know, our pool is a therapeutic pool that we keep heated and open 7 days/week, all year long! It's perfect for both lap swimming and aqua fitness. PLUS we have a hot tub that provides the perfect place to relax and unwind, as well as rejuvenate sore muscles!
5. Drink your water & get some sunshine. Have you ever heard the phrase "we're basically houseplants with more complicated emotions"? Because it's true. We need to get plenty of sunlight and stay hydrated to feel our best. Take a walk on our track, and get your vitamin D for the day! 3 laps around the track = 1 mile!