“Life is not about how hard of a hit you can give… it’s about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.” – Sylvester Stallone, Rocky.
2020 has certainly given us quite a few hits, but we have no plans to back down from our goals, and neither should you!
Here are 5 tips to help you stay consistent in your fitness routine and true to your goals!
1. Set a daily/short term goal. Choose a goal that isn’t too hard to achieve with a little extra effort. Examples of this could be taking 10 seconds off your mile time, adding an extra set of something to your weight work, walking or riding an additional 0.1 of a mile.
2. Refresh your playlist, download a new podcast, or find a good show to stream while you work out (better yet, hit up the Alcovy Fitness Cardio Cinema!). Finding a positive distraction while you workout is a great way to get in a little extra time at the gym! Plus if you’re in to what you’re listening to, you’ll push a little harder in your workout!
3. Sign up for an event – 5K, 10K, nature hike with your family, marathon, etc. Write the event on your calendar, and put a reminder to yourself in a place that you look at frequently. Set a goal for how you want the event to go. Maybe you want to complete your 5K in under 30 minutes, maybe you want to make it to the top of the mountain with your family, maybe you just want to cross the finish line of your race. Whatever your goal may be, keep working towards it, and focus your workouts on achieving that goal.
4. No excuses. People make all types of excuses for skipping their workout- you’re on vacation, too sore, too busy, too tired, etc. While rest days are important, too many excuses not to workout can make it hard to create lasting habits and get into a routine. Eventually, you just have to stop making excuses, and get moving – whether you’re in the mood or not! Chances are that you’ll feel better after you exercise and be grateful that you made the time.
5. You have to get started. TODAY. Not tomorrow. Not next week. TO-DAY. The hardest part of any workout is walking out the door of your house and into the door of the gym. Once you get past that part, you can conquer any workout! Ready to get moving? We'll see you at the gym TODAY!